New Drop-In Resource Center Welcomes Veterans and Agencies That Serve Military Families
The Veteran’s One Stop is a drop-in resource center to benefit veterans and military families. It is now open at 2220, Austin Ave in Waco. Activities in the Veterans One Stop are supported by the Veterans Coalition for the Heart of Texas, a grassroots volunteer effort to create a clearinghouse of veterans’ related resources that can improve the quality of life for veterans.
Key features of the One Stop:
- Drop in center with comfy couches to allow vets to visit other vets
- Ten offices for use by veterans serving organizations with adjoining welcome area
- Conference room with boardroom table
- Small computer lab
- Outdoor covered picnic tables and tree shaded patio
- Shared information intake area with receptionist/coordinator to answer phones and welcome visitors
- Kitchen – handicapped access ramp/bathrooms
View Veteran’s One Stop’s flyer here.