Family Abuse Center is totally out of laundry soap! – Oh no! Family Abuse Center has a shelter full of people, nearly 60 women and children living there and they can’t do any laundry. If you are buying laundry soap, can you pick up an extra for them? Drop off your donation at the Second Chance Thrift Shop, 1412 Sunset St (Behind CoCo’s Snow Cones).
1. Update to Form 1023-EZ instructions
If you downloaded the Instructions for Form 1023-EZ before August 4, 2014 please take note of the following change:
- The IRS has updated the instructions for Part I, line 8 to allow officers, directors, and/or trustees to use the organization’s mailing address rather than their personal mailing address.
2. Register for EO workshops
Register for our upcoming workshops for small and medium-sized 501(c)(3) organizations on:
- Dec. 9 – Austin, TX
Hosted by Austin Community College
3. IRS presentations on exempt organization topics posted
IRS Exempt Organizations regularly presents phone forums/webinars on important topics affecting the tax-exempt community. If you missed any of these informative presentations, please review the recorded programs on this page.
Recent presentation topics include:
- UBI and Exempt Organizations
- Form 990-N and Form 990-EZ Filing Tips
- IRC 501(c)(6) Organizations
- Form 990 Filing Tips
Caritas seeks Can Opener Donations - Because of cutbacks in SNAP (Food Stamp) benefits, Waco’s local pantries have seen an increase in the number of clients coming to them for food. Many families are happy to accept canned goods, however, they don’t have can openers or the money to buy one. The Waco Regional Baptist Association and Caritas are partnering to request that churches, youth groups, women’s groups, etc donate can openers so that people who need them can have them with their food bags. Can openers can be brought to Caritas on 300 South 15th Street. For more information, call Esther Morales at 254-753-3545.
How to apply to be tax-exempt (including new Form 1023-EZ)
Date: July 24
Time: 2 pm ET
Location: Register for this presentation
- General requirements for applying for 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Application Forms 1023, i1023, 1023-EZ, and 1024
- Requirements for filing each application
- Filing tips for applying for tax-exempt status
- Exempt Organizations resources