The effectiveness, success and sustainability of your nonprofit is vital to the populations/clientele you serve. They are dependent on you and quite frankly, so is the greater Waco community. Clearing the calendar to participate in area training opportunities is one of the most strategic ways you can serve, lead, and make a resounding impact for your nonprofit. Invest today! For a list of training opportunities hosted by Waco Foundation, click here.
Local Capacity Building Training Events
Join WordPress Superfans in the greater Waco Area
AFP (Association of Fundraising Professionals) – Monthly Meetings
Every 4th Thursday of the month, AFP will hold meetings from 8:30 am – 10:00 am. Join your professional fund development colleagues for a time of networking and learning.
Social Media Breakfast is a resource that serves to assist with social media strategies.
Mediation Skills Training, ESC Region 12
2014 Trainings, from 8 am – 5 pm on these dates:
- September 24
- September 25
- September 26
- October 1
- October 2
- retains valuable employees
- reduces number of formal complaints
- develops organizational culture that focuses on managing and developing people
- maintains confidentiality
- increases productivity and morale
- reduces workplace stress
Read more here! 40 CPE credits available.
|Session # 42219
ESC Region 12
The Central Texas Chapter of Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) invites you to attend dinner at the new McLane Stadium.
Special guest speaker, Andrew Watt, FInstF, President & CEO of AFP will be presenting The Changing Terrain of Volunteerism.
Volunteers are the lifeblood of any nonprofit corporation. But how do we find all of the volunteers we need? How do we retain those treasured individuals? Come hear a global perspective on the best ways to empower, encourage and keep your best volunteers!
Date: Thursday, September 25, 2014
Time: 5 – 8 pm
Baylor Club at McLane Stadium: 1001 S. Martin Luther Kind Blvd., Waco, TX 76704.
All guests will use the Baylor Club main entrance on the West side of the stadium. Level 400, North Lounge.
Cost: AFP Members: $35/person
Register now as seating is limited!
FUNDRAISING FUNDAMENTALS September 26
- Preparing your nonprofit for the marathon
- The components of a good fundraising plan
- Fund development process
- Fundraising strategies/tools
- Prospect research & personal solicitations
- The benefits of fundraising planning
- Gift acceptance, donor acknowledgement, recognition & relations
Speaker Jason Sabo, Founder of the Frontera Strategy, will cover
- What programs are available at federal and/or state levels for Early Childhood Education, how they work and the success rate, and
- How policy changes (funding or regulations) make a difference and results in positive/negative outcomes!
Register by Friday, October 3, 2014 by clicking here: jlwaco.org Jason Sabo Event
Other Regional Capacity Building Training Events
12th Annual Governance of Nonprofit Organizations Course
VIDEO in Dallas September 18-19, 2014 Cityplace Events Hot Topics
- Preparing a Policies, Practices, & Procedures Manual for You Organization
- Lobbying, Political Campaigns, and Candidate Related Campaign Activity
- TABC Issues
- Gift Acceptance Policies: Should “Yes” Always Mean “Yes”?
- What You Need to Know about Document Retention and Discovery
- Employment Law – Do’s and Dont’s of Hiring and Firing
- Using Social Media to Raise Funds and Make Grants
MCLE Credits are available.
Click here to see the full line of topics for discussion, how to register, and where to stay!
We are headed to the 2014 Texas Nonprofit Summit in Austin on September 18-19, and want you to see you there, too!
This year’s Texas Nonprofit Summit is going to be better than ever, with top-notch keynote speakers, more than 40 breakout sessions to choose from, and countless networking opportunities.
- Keynote addresses on Collective Impact, the Myth of Nonprofit Overhead, and Millennial Engagement from Bill Strickland, Ken Berger, and Kari Dunn Saratovsky
- 24 sessions on topics ranging from impact measurement to advisory boards to earned income strategies to sparking creativity on your team and much more, all led by national leaders
- Access to an additional 20+ sessions designed for nonprofit capacity builders and hosted by the Alliance for Nonprofit Management, which is holding their national conference concurrently with the Texas Nonprofit Summit
- Networking reception and happy hour with your fellow nonprofit professionals and hundreds of leaders attending the Alliance Conference.
When: September 18-19, 2014
Where: Renaissance Austin Hotel, Austin, TX
Early Bird Registration Rates through June 15: $185 for Greenlights members and OneStar grantees; $210 for non-members/grantees: http://texasnonprofitsummit.org/register Rates are $235 for members/grantees and $280 for non-members/grantees after June 15
The Nonprofit Outcomes Toolbox: Program Effectiveness, Performance Measurement & Results, ACC Center for Community Based & Nonprofit Organizations
EO Workshop for Charities
IRS Exempt Organizations offers one-day workshops for small and medium-sized 501(c)(3) organizations around the country in collaboration with colleges and universities as part of our Academic Institutions Initiatives in an effort to help develop the nonprofit leaders of tomorrow. These popular workshops are presented by experienced IRS Exempt Organizations specialists and explain the nuts and bolts of what 501(c)(3) entities must do to keep their tax-exempt status and comply with tax obligations.
This introductory workshop is designed for organization administrators, volunteers who are responsible for tax compliance, the faculty and students of its academic hosts, and nonprofit practitioners.
Universities, colleges, or university-based nonprofit centers interested in hosting a workshop should contact Susan D. Ruth at email@example.com or by phone at (202)317-8795 or e-mail the Exempt Organizations, CE&O mailbox.
All full-day workshops are approved by the IRS for six (6) continuing education (CE) credits for Enrolled Agents.
Date: September 25, 2014
Location: Austin Community College, 1212 Rio Grande St., Austin, TX 78701
Further information can be found by visiting the IRS.gov Workshops page.
Financial Management 101: Nonprofit Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting
Greenlights for Nonprofit Success
“Want to know the difference between cash and accrual accounting? Want to better understand your department or organizational budget? Need guidance with financial reporting? The Financial Management 101 course will guide you through accounting, budgeting, and reporting in the nonprofit world. The course teaches important internal controls, basic accounting, financial management concepts and strategy, budgeting, financial reports, audits and IRS guidelines. You’ll walk away knowing best practices to help your organization steward its financial resources and move forward in achieving its mission.” …read more here.
FREE Nonprofit 911 Webinar: Top 6 Tips for Retaining Nonprofit Talent – September 23
Finding the right talent is a challenge for nonprofits both big and small. But once you have the right people on board, how do you keep them engaged and in place? Join nonprofit talent experts Ritu Sharma and Jacqueline Bresline for this free webinar as they share actionable practices and tips that will help you hold onto the right people. In addition, they’ll share resources that can help decrease your liability and enable your nonprofit to avoid human resources distractions so you can stay focused on your mission!
Nonprofit experts Ritu Sharma of Social Media for Nonprofits and Jacqueline Breslin of TriNet are bringing practical, actionable tips to help your organization succeed in building a great organizational culture that will attract and keep the most talented nonprofit professionals motivated and engaged in your mission.
Date: September 23, 2014
Time: 1pm EDT