Junior League of Waco & Provisional Project Volunteers
Does your organization have a project that could use a group of organized and dedicated volunteers?
Each year, the Junior League of Waco invests in a Provisional Project that benefits a local nonprofit and gives its provisional members a unifying volunteer experience. Recent projects have included building an age-appropriate playground for young children at AVANCE Waco, creating an herb garden at the HOT Urban Gardening Coalition’s training farm, creating an autism specialty room at University High School, and renovating the Child Protective Services family visitation rooms.
- Begin in September 2014 and be completed by April 2015.
- Directly impact low-income children or young families in the greater Waco area. We are especially interested in projects that impact children age 0-3 and/or their parents. Projects that do not focus on either or both of these groups will not be considered.
- Have a budget that does not exceed $2,000. While additional funds may be available, the project must be completed within this budget. Any additional funds will go to non-essentials supplies.
- Provide at least 5-10 hours of service for each Provisional member (with approximately 40 Provisionals, this could mean 200-400 “woman-hours”).
- Allow members to work together to meet a common goal (e.g., include group work days).
Hurry and apply! The application deadline is June 30, 2014.